John M. DiDonato, P.E
John M. DiDonato, P.E. is a Principal and President of the firm he has been with since 1983.
He obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from SUNY at Buffalo and holds professional engineering licenses in New York, Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, and Washington. Mr. DiDonato oversees engineering design and construction projects in the Western New York Area for the firm’s 40+ person staff.
He is a member of the New York State Society of Professional Engineers – Erie/Niagara Chapter, National Society of Professional Engineers, the American Public Works Association, the American Society of Civil Engineers, the Association for Bridge Construction and Design, and the NYS Association of Transportation Engineers.
Project Experience Highlights
- Public Facilities Design and Renovation (Ralph Wilson Stadium Improvements, Johnnie B. Wiley Stadium Improvements)
- Aviation Related Facilities (Buffalo Niagara International Airport and Niagara Falls International Airport)
- Highway Reconstruction (Main Street Revitalization – Cars Sharing Main Street)
- Wastewater/Water Improvements (Erie Co. Water Authority, Private Developers)
Gregory T. Hewitt, P.E.
Gregory T. Hewitt, P.E. joined the firm 1975 and is in charge of all architectural design projects. He also serves as Project Manager and manager of numerous bridge design and inspection projects.
He obtained a Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Architecture and a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering from SUNY at Buffalo. He holds a professional engineering license in New York.
Project Experience Highlights
- Highway/Bridge Design and Reconstruction (NYSTA and NYSDOT Biennial Bridge Inspection Program, Maple Road Reconstruction)
- Institutional/Educational Facilities Design and Reconstruction (Maryvale School District Renovations, Buffalo P.S. 66, North Park Academy Renovation, Buffalo State College Improvements)
- Private Retail, Warehouse and Light Industrial Building Design (Try-It Distributing, Federal Express)
- Recreational Facilities (Gallagher Beach Waterfront Access, Elma Town Park)
- Municipal Facilities Design and Renovation (New Elma Town Hall, Buffalo City Hall Façade)
James A. Frick, P.E.
James A. Frick, P.E. began his engineering career at DiDonato Associates in 1984. In his years at DiDonato, he has been an active design engineer and manager for a wide range of structural and civil projects. Mr. Frick has provided structural designs for more than 50 highway and bridge rehabilitation and replacement projects and more than 200 commercial/industrial buildings located in the northeast and mid-west United States. He also specializes in the structural design of scoreboard/LED displays for sporting facilities throughout the Country.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from SUNY at Buffalo and holds a Professional Engineering license in the State of New York. As the Vice President of Structural Engineering, Mr. Frick coordinates all structural design projects and oversees additional highway, site and utility design projects.
Peter A. Ringo, P.E.
Peter A. Ringo, P.E. has been an employee of DiDonato Associates since 1992. He has extensive experience in both civil and structural projects, including: multi-modal transportation projects, highways, airfield facilities, sewers, drainage, waterlines, site development, lift stations, retaining structures, and one- and two-story commercial/industrial buildings. Through his design experience, he has developed a broad knowledge of regulations and construction standards on the local, state and federal levels. Mr. Ringo’s attention to detail and commitment given to each of his projects makes him highly regarded and sought after by many of our Clients.
He received his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Valparaiso University and holds Professional Engineering licenses in New York and Indiana. Mr. Ringo is a Vice President of the firm and responsible for overseeing all civil engineering projects.
Michael Banks, AIA, LEED AP
Michael Banks, AIA, LEED AP has been with DiDonato since 2001. Over the years, Mike has been an integral part of DiDonato’s architectural design team for a variety of projects including educational facilities, residential housing, recreational facilities, healthcare and commercial complexes. He has assumed the role as project liaison for the client and drafting personnel to ensure compliance with all applicable codes and project parameters. He was recently named Vice President - Architecture.
He received his Bachelors of Professional Services in Architecture from SUNY at Buffalo in 1997. He became a Registered Architect in 2014 and is a certified LEED Accredited Professional.
Project Experience Highlights
- BMHA Residential Facilities (Kenfield Homes Interior Renovations, Commodore Perry Interior Renovations, Monsignor Geary Apartments Elevator Rehabilitation, Marine Drive Apartments Trash Compactor Replacement, Deficiency Reports, and various other BMHA improvement projects)
- Recreational Facilities (Ralph Wilson Stadium (RWS) improvements-Field House restroom and storage additions, RWS Condition Surveys, Hyde Park Ice Complex improvements, Amherst Soccer facilities expansion)
- Municipal Projects (Erie County Storage and Training Center, Emery Park Shelter rehabilitation, Crotty Casino Condition Study)
- Education Facilities (Maryvale Schools Renovation/Addition project, Erie Community College A/E Term Contract, North Park Academy, PS #66, Rehabilitation)
- Emergency Services Facilities (Amherst Police Station Security improvements, Town of Tonawanda Emergency Training facilities, Getzville Fire Hall Feasibility Study and Improvements, East Amherst Fire Hall Renovation/Addition)
Elizabeth Reilly-Meegan, AIA
Elizabeth Reilly-Meegan, AIA, has worked at DiDonato Associates since 2010 and has over 30 years of experience in various aspects of architectural design, construction project management, interior design, space planning, construction drawings and specifications. She has been a Project Architect or Construction Project Manager for both new construction and renovation work on commercial, educational, health care, and municipal facilities throughout New York.
She obtained her Bachelor of Professional Studies degree in Architecture from SUNY at Buffalo and an Associates of Applied Sciences in Architectural Technology from Erie Community College. She is a Registered Architect in the State of New York and a member of the American Institute of Architects.
Susan Aureli has been with DiDonato Associates since 2002. Before coming to DiDonato, she ran her own business for 12 years. As Business Manager, Sue takes care of all administrative duties such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Contracts. She also performs as Human Resources Manager and handles Employee Benefits.
She is a graduate of Denison University with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
Julie Stearns has been with DiDonato Associates since 2004. She has been in the A/E field since 1988. As the Director of Marketing, she prepares all qualification packages, proposals, and ads, and maintains and updates the firm’s marketing files, such as resumes and projects. She manages the website, as well as social media marketing for DiDonato. In addition, Ms. Stearns attends conferences, political events, and industry outings for the company.
She attended Bryant & Stratton Business Institute and received an Executive Assistant diploma, and has taken additional classes in Business at SUNY at Buffalo.
Norman DiDonato, PE
Norman DiDonato founded the company in 1965 as Weber, DiDonato and Renaldo, a well-respected architectural and engineering firm completing such high profile projects as the Erie Basin Marina and the Convention Center. Norman passed away on March 5, 2018. He will always be in our hearts.